Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Precious Time

Hooray, the end of my working week already and phew, thank God - my 3 working day week has been hectic and full on, to say the least! Saying that, once again I enjoyed my teaching session and feel very motivated, i love teaching speakers of other languages and discussing their culture and old ways of life. Today, my Iraqi student was showing me where him and his wife are originally from in Iraq - a small place just outside Kirkuk, a place where quite a large proportion was flattened from what i remember. He told me about the different attrocities happening out there and how he and his wife had to seek refuge. It's easy for us as westerners to forget what sadness and hardship refugees must endure and indeed, to feel safe and free from possible death, is a relief in itself. Maybe this is a turning point in my teaching career and maybe, I should consider studying an EFL course to teach learners from other countries. Hmm food for thought. I aim to get the teaching space as friendly and interesting as possible and indeed, an array of differing info about different cultures and suchlike.

Tomorrow, a good friend is popping by for coffee and croissants early in the day as she needs to pick her bike up that's been in my shed since the summer! Will be great to catch up with her and our lives.

I have no firm plans this weekend but quite fancy a cybertechno night, or at least a blow out on some level, after the past few stressful days!We'll see!

I still haven't been to see The Baader Meinhof Complex film so maybe I should do an early afternoon viewing on Friday. Hmm would be good cos I really don't want to miss this film.. I guess I'm trying to live everyday as it comes but I also have to plan due to having my kids and time limited re. my own personal freedom..

Beautiful day today and no doubt getting colder which is always good this time of the year and I love seeing frost and sunshine, it's sooo romantically beautiful!

No comments: