Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Phew, time to kick back!

Had an extremely hectic week! I've been asked and indeed have opened a new provision in the St Anns area of Nottingham and it's been lovely getting to know many of the people who are hoping to come and join my sessions next week. I've met people from Nigeria, Malawi, Algeria and indeed many local people who are waiting to be rehoused. I have a good feel and vibe about the place and the staff seem sweet, very inclusive and supportive about what I'm about. I have a great space to teach in and sole use of a kitchen which is great cos I like to put my and indeed, learners' mark on their environment in order that people feel welcome and a sense of ownership.
I've also been frantically preparing for a college OFSTED inspection next week which means, I get to talk to key inspectors next week! Better be on my best behaviour then!

So, not having much time more recently for cyberactivity and been ready for bed by 10.30! I guess the wonder is on, why my posts aren't focussed around my issues of the 'heart'? Well, I've decdied that this is something that is best kept 'close to my heart and chest' so to speak and indeed, to keep things grounded and real is the best thing for me..too much energy and thought can be spent on heart matters and therefore rather than obsessing, it's better to just get on with stuff and enjoy or indeed, try to enjoy each day and experience as they come. Unless of course, I ever in my life get offered the hand of marriage which is highly unlikely, then I might write about this and yes, I certainly would write about such things!! And I am a true believer in letting the universe let its path unfold, how ever it should unfold.
However, I am more and more sure that I will not accept the 'thrown crumbs' from people any more and indeed, will only accept openness, honesty, kindness, sharing and sincere and true loving..Nuff said now!

I feel like I can completely relax now until next Monday and thus, am going to take things easy- maybe do some swimming and sauna and hopefully a reggae night Saturday - we'll see. I'd also like to get to a Buddhist meditation this week as I've been re-reading my Dalai Lama book Ancient Wisdom Modern World - great book and so grounding and real! I'd also like to possibly go and see The Baader Meinhof Complex film, looks good and violent - not that I want to cause violence but I'm interested in the Revolutionary Marxists amongst people and the views around this..should def be interesting viewing!

I still have probs with my left arm - can't carry heavy things for long and if I do, it fuckinwell hurts after!

Had a funny old dream last night after speaking on the phone to someone who'd been telling me about the food that was being cooked. I dreamt about this and waking up with them! Funny old thing are dreams, where the hell do they come from?

Anyway time to chill and watch some TV and please watch How Mad Are you? I seriously think I have elements of BiPolar but on a simplistic and watered down version!

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

I watched the How Mad are You? show. Very interesting the bit at the end when the experts were so wrong... brilliant.

I think this is showing that we're all on the scale of sanity and where is the line of sane or insane? And where are you on the line moves on a constant basis. I know I'm a depressive personality, I'm a natural pessimist as opposed to optimist etc. Some days I'm more one way than the other... it's a continuum.