Monday, November 03, 2008

Roads

Been listening to Portishead today, in between cleaning up my poorly son's smelly puke, bless him.
Roads? An awesome track, tune and lyrics..by Portishead and what do the lyrics mean, I ask you?

Oh, can't anybody see,
We've got a war to fight,
Never found our way,
Regardless of what they say.

How can it feel, this wrong,
From this moment,
How can it feel, this wrong.

Storm,
In the morning light,
I feel,
No more can I say,
Frozen to myself.

I got nobody on my side,
And surely that ain't right,
Surely that ain't right.

Oh, can't anybody see,
We've got a war to fight,
Never found our way,
Regardless of what they say.

How can it feel, this wrong,
From this moment,
How can it feel, this wrong.

How can it feel this wrong,
From this moment,
How can it feel, this wrong.

Oh, can't anybody see,
We've got a war to fight,
Never found our way,
Regardless of what they say.

How can it feel, this wrong,
From this moment,
How can it feel, this wrong.


I guess we all take our own meanings from lyrics and poems and this indeed, is the beauty of written pieces.
We all come to certain roads in our life and of course, at times, wonder which way to turn, where to go and where we'll end up. Or, maybe, just maybe some of us are able to just keep going down the same road without questioning anything or indeed, challenging the things that really bother us, be it Love, Jobs, Family,LIfe, systems etc.
Me? I've never seemed to have been able to go in one straight line..I guess the road then, has always been a slippery and winding one but I truly feel that I want my road to become straighter and straighter now to be perfectly honest. And, I hope it will be, I truly hope it will! But then maybe, just maybe these winding roads are put there to take us and indeed, test us towards our final destinations in life..Deep? Yeah maybe so but then I'm a deep and intense person at times, this is me and will ever be as such!
So roads to take and turn into come with time and much contemplation ...

No comments: