Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Time to be nurtured and let others give

Well, had a strange old month of it. I now am solely responsible for all the domestic stuff in my household. I'm officially living in a 'single occupancy' household, albeit my 2 kids!
It's been strange in many ways cos me and my ex are really good friends and have so much in common on a political and mindset level. We're both pretty compassionate as people and both caring in our own ways. We both have similar views about the world and environment and when I think of these good points, I shudder to think of how two people can become so distant and caught up with their own lives over time.
It's been sad to finally cut the ties in many ways and we've both had times of sadness and pain together but we both realise that this is the way forward for us as people and indeed should have happened quite some time ago in all honesty, but when finances and childcare are involved, living separately can prove extremely hard.
One things for sure, we're thus far, getting on well and being supportive to one another despite all of the changes that have taken place over the last two months.
So I hold mybreath to wonder what the future holds for me. I accidentally bumped into an old college friend from a few years back on Saturday, who was out on his stag night and his words have stuck in my head since then.

"Never ever settle for second best Sara, for you are a beautiful person who gives so much of yourself all of the time, it's now time for others to give and to nurture you."

I thought about these words on Sunday and I realise how thoughtful and indeed right, my friend is. I thank him for reminding me about these basic human needs.

3 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Tough trip you're on there Sara, having been through that (without kids though) you got my thoughts with you and may it all come to peace.

Thinking of you!

FOUR DINNERS said...

You'll be fine babe. Trust me I'm from Oldham. x

Sara said...

Cheers 4d and Dan. Everything's working out just fine. Good we're still friends though and able to communicate on a caring level.