Sunday, May 06, 2007

Ahhh Good Old Sunday

I love Sundays, it gives me the headspace and calmness that I so need at times. This weekend has been pretty calm anyway really. Friday night I went to visit my beloved, however I feel he has other things happening in his life, that I'm not fully aware of right now. I know he still sees quite a bit of his ex, I feel that maybe there's something still between them on some level. I guess this is fine and is, indeed his life. Like me, I too have contact with my ex but only really because of my kids and him being my youngest's father.I'm forced to maintain contact with him. I'm not forced or indeed do keep contact, with any other ex's really..I just don't feel the need really. I'd really like to do some other things with the person I'm in love with but I feel he refrains from this with me..I guess he doesn't want to spend this sort of time with me, which is a shame and saddens me really because I feel we'd really enjoy doing different things together quite a lot..maybe he doesn't feel this way about me..oh well, that's life I guess..it won't stop me doing the things I so desire to do though.
Anyway, one thing that struck me last week was a weird dream I had, don't know what it was supposed to mean but it was poignant to say the least and I do tend to take note of 'poignant' dreams. I'm sure there's some cosmic stuff going at certain times in my life!
Yesterday I carried on with sanding boards in my bedroom and then watched a film on TV last night. I also listened to my new Nick Drake CD - Pink Moon; beautifully put together lyrics, composition and enchanting guitar playing, to say the least. I'm loving his sounds once again, so much!I especially love 'Behind the sun' and 'Know', pure gorgeousness!
I've been manically trying to sort out a holiday..Naxos is sort of looking more in the picture at the moment - found a decent camping site, not so cheap flights to Athens and ferries to Naxos..this is a dream I've wanted to fulfill since the late 80s and I feel now, may be the time to fulfill it. I would love to backpack agin to different islands but I'll wait until I travel alone to do this..Also been thinking about my 40th birthday and I may well just go away for it. Marrakech or Fez being the place/s I'll visit, I think.
My good freind and I have also just booked to do YHAing next week in Edale for a night but also for my friend's birthday; plenty of walking and boozing after our long weary climbs and walk! We've also booked to do a local festival at the end of the month, which should be fun..
Life feels good at the moment although I've had many, many stresses that have taken their toll in one way or another, I'm conquering them, I think! I feel so much freer in myself. I have such an urge to 'live and enjoy' life whilst I'm able to do so and indeed feel the need to respect the fact that life is something so very precious that we have to make the very most of...

No comments: