Monday, May 28, 2007

Lalalalaleeeleeeleee




Mentalness and happiness, are my thoughts today after landing back in the land of 'reality' after a 3 day festival. It was sunny and gorgeous on day one. Day 2, it got NASTY! The rain, the wind, the cold, all decided to work their weathered ways on me. I didn't care. I loved every moment.
The highlight of the weekend for me, was being around some really sweet 'up for it' people from Sheffield; Duncan and Ellen a lovely couple and their mad, mad posse of friends. These people were bonkers, extremely bonkers. Loved the fact that Duncan got dressed up a leopard print trouser suit with burgundy wig - hilarious! Proper hilarious!
The main, truly moving moment was listening to the Tibetan Monks from the Tashi Lhunpo Monastery. They live in exile in Dharamasala because the Chinese Government forbids them to practice their rituals etc, in their monastery in Tibet. I guess we forget about the Tibetan plight and focus on more immediate things such as the Iraq and Iran. I for one though, follow Tibetan movements quite frequently, to find out what is happening is the strange and seemingly enchanting country..
Please see for further info..
http://www.tibetfund.org/about.html
Wow, their rituals and performing blew me away. The long horns they use are just awesome to listen to, especially when you're really close to them. The meditations, mudras and prayer rituals were also totally moving and made me feel extremely emotional and thankful that simplistic, meaningful religions/belief systems still have place and importance in our, aswell as other cultures. I really have an urge to return to the Buddhist meditation sessions that I used to attend some while ago. I will do this, I will attend.

So a delightful weekend has been experienced, meeting some lovely sweet people and listening to some reflective, thoughtful tunes, aswell as, some mad, ravey dancing tunes. I'm glad the UK still has such an active festival scene and that the communal, human spirit continues to thrive in many of the festivals around us. Onwards to sleep and rest I go, after losing what I reckon, is a good 15 hours or more of sleep over this weekend..

Please note: I would not ordnarily walk around with such revolting specs on but the aim was to try and get that '70s dodgy teacher look.' These glasses were stolen from bonkers leopard-print trannyman. Do I look like a dodgy 70s teacher though? I ask you....

4 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

You wanted to look like a 70's dodgy teacher?? You are a worry sometimes!!

Tibet? Llama's in Tibet. Like llamas

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Nice wig.

Aunt Jackie said...

Great photos!! This looks like loads of fun.

Jon Rouston said...

Tell that woman to stop eating your ear.