Friday, May 11, 2007

In celebration of deep souls

I've just watched the last ever series of Six Feet Under - How I cried! However, once again it put into perspective so many things about life and living. An interesting piece of dialogue between Ruth and her ex George really struck a chord with me. She commented to him that he still had walls, amongst walls, amongst walls around his heart; my ex was like this. I could never reach the emotional depth for me, to be able to connect with him on a really deep level;This is highly important and necessary for me. I'd much rather be alone, than living/having a relationship with a person, who isn't able to express deep emotion..otherwise loneliness and sadness eats away at you whilst you're with that person, in my experience anyway.
Ruth, does remain friends with George in the series, but chooses to live with women friends, for the rest of her life.

Anyway, all of this got me a thinking about the deep souls who walk the planet. I know for sure I've always been a 'thinker' and emotional. My Mum used to tell me how sensitive I was. I remember things like blushing loads when I was a child, crying when I got told off by teachers, running away for attention and hiding- to see if I was being followed, feeling quite 'alien' to my brother, father and sister.
I've always to been a fan of 'companianable relationships'. Relationships where you share your inner thoughts and compliment each other - these can be and are, hard to come by..

Anyway less about me, the deep souls I really want to celebrate in this life are Claire, Ruth, Nate, Billy and Aunt Sarah, characters in Six Feet Under. Nick Drake, Thom Yorke, Bob Dylan, Kurt Cobain, Joni Mitchell and many others for their lyrical depth genius.
The practice of Buddhism and Yoga for awakening the mind and heart to a deeper level of consciousness about the universe. Poets of times gone by- Emily Dickinson, William Blake to name a few..
Nicholas Roeg and Wim Wenders for their depth and understanding of human fragility and emotional depth.
The person I love is a deep soul,..he's somewhat pushed this softness about himself to one side a little at the moment I feel, for reasons of self preservation I guess, but I know it'll return..Most of my dear friends are deep souls, who are enlightened in so many ways and very self aware.

And I'm afraid I'm gonna have to add some poisonous substance to this - magic mushrooms! Yes, they do open a gate into a different level of consciousness..and do change your perception about things - not that I take these regularly but my experiences of them have been positive; in fact, helped me come to terms with negative elements that have happened in my life and have indeed given me much needed closure.
So there you have it, praise be - to the deep souls of the world! I'm sure I'll think of so many more but these are the ones who immediately spring to mind!

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

I'm shallow.

Have to be I've no water wings.