Thursday, August 02, 2007

Delightful respite a la Jersey


Well, here I am again blogging away and catchimg up with you people. I had a wonderful break in Jersey..a well needed rest and time for reflection, I might well add. It's always a bit odd holidaying alone with a small child and as a single parent but this time was different for me. I met a lovely couple, who had been in the most interesting trouble that I really won't go into detail about but somehow, these people are likened to those with whom I teach in my day job but of whom were the most lovely, genuine and generous people that I've met in a long while, so big credit and love goes out to Michele and John for all the fun times we shared.
I spent many a time alone though, listening to the radio - BBC 4 mainly with some very interesting programmes and discussions, reading the newspaper, thinking about many things and enjoying the peace and quiet of my holiday. My son loved every moment and made many friends which freed me up from full-on parental input to sometime parental input... It was also nice to ne around French, Dutch and German folk who added a good old cosmo feeling to the hol.
I swam every day, my son and I cycled a good part of 10 miles I reckon, which for my 8 year old is pretty good going I'd say.
I contemplated the changes that have occured for me over the past few years and realise that I must be a pretty strong person to have endured and indeed come out of it the other side. I also realised that being alone like this, gave me much needed time to reflect and evaluate so many things..

2 comments:

Aunt Jackie said...

Fantastic!! Sounds like a lovely trip, and good times! Have a great weekend too!

FOUR DINNERS said...

You cycled 10 miles? You are insane but I like you.

Glad you had a good breather from the daily grind.