Thursday, August 30, 2007

Festival Weekend

Well, tomorrow I'm off to a festival, Offthetracks. The last one was great fun and good to be out in the outdoors for a long weekend. The friend I'm going with is also great fun and we get along splendidly!
I miss the person I still love but I'm trying to be sensible and not get all wrapped up about this like I have done in the past. It's a shame that our friendship has come to a weird point right now but I guess things just got a bit too heated for both him and me. Plus, I know there was other stuff going on in his life that was wreaking havoc with his emotions at the time him and I came to a head. I just wish he'd spoken to me about things a little more so I may've understood better what was what. When I think about some of the things re me and him, I feel terribly sad and fed up that things went so awry but I'm also a believer in letting things pass and calm down a little. We've had fall outs before but we've always managed to get back on track. I know I've been at fault too in some ways and my wrath has been scorching but I do feel I've also been extremely kind, loving caring and my love has been unconditional. Sometimes I feel he just got scared; our ages, different lives, different confidences - you know that sort of thing, yet the feelings when I'm around him have always been extremely strong and unusually different from anyhting I've felt before..
I'll always hold him dear to my heart..even though things have been up and down with us, I still care and I still have much love for him. I guess time, understanding, forgiveness, patience and love will be the healer of the fractured friendship.
I've had so many lovely times with him in the past but then again, maybe the loveliness was all in my head more than in his head, who knows. My instinct always felt guided and right and deep down I know what I feel to be true.
Anyway, I hope he's doing OK and the next time our paths may cross, I hope the dust and fire has settled a little more.

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Fell out with a friend once. He bought me a beer. Sorted. I'm anyones for a pint of amber nectar!!