Sunday, November 25, 2007

Clouds of solace

Today I went on a bike ride to the cemetary where my Mother's grave lies. The weather was cloudy, grey and coldish but there was a beautiful stillness in the air. I emptied the old, dying flowers from the pots on my Mum's headstone and replaced them with some new flowers. Gypsophelia, my Mum liked these tiny, white, pretty flowers, so do I and some pale pink carnations which she also liked. Carnations? I remember a sweet conversation about beloved's grandfather, who loves carnations and had even bred a new strain...how creative and sweet is that?
Anyway, I sat in quiteness in the cemetary, not a soul in sight and enjoyed the serenity around me. Graveyards really do make the mind wonder and I always get a weird sort of ethereal feeling about life when I spend time in them..
Anyway, I then visited my Dad and had a nice chat about his new black, lead woodburner, truly cosy is this woodburner. It's funny cos if my Mum saw the mess in her front room now, she'd swear! My Dad's a complete HOARDER! Books, magazines, videos, newspapers, antiquey bit, wood, logs, victorian lace type coverings on his chairs, he's like an old hippy that never got the chance to be..Bless him and my Mother.
I cycled home and thought about Friday night and how lovely it was to see beloved,even though he asked me to go back to his and I refused, I felt this was best cos I don't want him to feel under pressure now that he has a new girlfriend in tow..dear me a situation that's tragic for me really, when I really think hard about it..
Anyway, today was good and left me feeling at peace with world around me but I miss my Mum, I miss beloved.

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

Lovely post. I like the sound of you Dad - I think we'd get on. It's only because of my wife that I don't still have that Apr 1976 edition of Beat Instrumental ... :-)