Wednesday, November 21, 2007

End of an Era

It's weird when I think about the last three or so years; the death of my mother, the break up of my son's Dad and I, nowhere closer with regards to a certain love situation.
Today though, I spoke to my son's Dad via the phone, who for the last year and 3 months has spent his life sofa surfing, on different people's couches and praying for a miracle to be rehoused.
Yesterday, his miracle was answered. He's been offered a place all of his own..when he told me this I felt happy and relieved for him. Yet another part of me felt sad in that it's the end of an era really. Although we've been physically and emotionally split up for a long time, we've still had a lot to do with each other due to him staying at mine to look after his son and indeed as a last option place to stay..I guess in many ways I've been hoping so much for this but when it finally happens, a weird sense of mixed emotions have dawned on me. We'd been unhappy for a long time before we actually split and were living very separate lives but when the final crunch was decided, we both realised it was harder than ever on a financial level to get things moving.
Anyway.....

The good news is, his place isn't too far away which means when Jake reaches an independent enough age, he can take his bike and use the cycle path all of the way, to visit his Dad's place. His Dad will still be able to have an active role in his life without having to come here to do so. I guess both of our lives will now move on to what ever direction they find. I guess the end of this era of my life is finally closing..

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

That is good - esp for Jake.