Thursday, November 22, 2007

Love of photograhs and photography

Tonight I've been watching an excellent programme called 'Genius of Photography'. I've always been interested in photos and looking at what lies beneath the image. Tonight's programme introduced me to two new photographers whose work I really enjoyed looking at. These artists were Nan Goldin and Larry Clark, both realists and photographed the darker sides of life in many respects..indeed, what lies beneath surburbia, so to speak.
I remember being a small child, visiting my grandma and each time I went, I would ask her if I could look at her photo album. I loved looking at the pictures and wondering about the people in them, I loved the timeless capture of people in a given moment.
I guess tonight has inspired me to remember to take my camera with me, wherever I go..to picture what I see. I'd love to do a photography course and one day I will, yes I really will.

Maybe I should photo the Anti Iran invasion protest on Saturday? Hmm could be good...

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

My son is doing A level photography. Why not see if a local college runs that?