Friday, November 09, 2007

This weeks observations

Housing? Ain't it a massive problem? My ex went to get a home today but someone had beat him to it cos they put the money down before him..he was sad, I was frustrated but I guess the system we're in is one that only lets money talk. Shit really. Apparently, the person renting the accommodation out will be in touch again soon when another tenancy becomes available.


Beloved has been in touch. Asked how my trip was and whether I'd like to pop by, this would be lovely I'm sure..I won't be talking to him about his new girlfriend though. I don't want to know. Is that ignorant or is that just putting my defences up? Yeah, it's the latter..I try not to be jealous cos it's a negative feeling and I don't like to feel this but I guess it's just a natural feling when strong feelings are part of the equation - not very buddhist though. Hmmmm
Copenhagen? OK, I've been on a scnadinavian rant all week long. I posted a letter to my Greenland Inuit friend, Ungman and I wait to hear a response from him, should be sweet. My mates commented about how they noticed there were hardly any CCTV in Copenhagen. We live in one of the most watched and paranoid society really when you think about it.
I've booked to go to Copenhagen again in December. Can't wait and I'll be Xmas shopping whilst out there and this time, bringing back some lovely Danish food.

Tomorrow I've been invited to Birmingham to a big party. last minute decision to go but cheap to get there, booze and a bed provided. Sounds fun and should be a laugh.

Sunday, I'm off to see the wonderful Jello Biafra in Nottingham. Oh, I can't wait to hear his spoken word and radical anarchic ranting.

I'm very happy people, Copenhagen and my friends have been a healing force..life's moving nicely...

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

Given this country has more CCTVs per square foot than any other and we seem to constantly have talent shows on TV trying to make us all believe the celebrity status is the only worthwhile status in the world. Maybe we should combine the two?

Lets start a rumour that Simon Cowell and all that lot are using CCTV to spot the next big act. You'll have half the country performing in front of CCTV instantly:-)

A friend of mine became very "security aware" after an embarrasing incident invovling CCTV when she thought her and he boyfriend were alone.... :-)