Sunday, November 18, 2007

Kundun..

I went to meet some friends last night for a drink, to which I started to feel tired and unsure whether to go to a club. I ended up at a reggae night but just wasn't feeling the vibe. My mind wondered off to think about beloved and text him. He's been ill recently and is recovering as quick as possible to get back to work. I don't know why I texted him but I guess I just started to miss him really, as I guess I always have done and will.

I left the club at 2am..early for me but I was ready for my bed.

Friday eve was better. I sat and watched another favourite film of mine - Kundun by Martin Scorcese;beautifully filmed and an interesting documentary in many ways about the life of the Dalai Lama..It saddens me so, to think about how Tibet is still being oppressed by the Chinese occupation of Tibet.I also wonder what will happen and who will be the 14th Dalai Lama's predecessor? How will the monks find the next Dalai Lama..I know in the past they looked for signs to lead them to the Dalai Lamas, but now that Tibet has changed so much and China has so much influence, it just makes you wonder. Maybe the next Lama may be Chinese, sent to eradicate the oppression and torture that continues..this wou;d be a dream come true in many ways for Tibet and indeed for the people who want a return to their spiritual homeland..
Anyway Kundun - meaning first Dalai Lama, is a wonderfully filmed piece of cinema..the scenes and music are to die for. Phillip Glass's music suits the film immensely as does the fantastic chants heard throughout of Buddhist Monks.
Truly wonderful experience..

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Jax has chosen Buddhism. Dunno why but it kind of suits her in a way.