Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Man of cold with heart of warmth

He walked in, Sat in my space,
I looked at his face, beauty unerased.
A face shimmering sunshine, radiating light,
Golden warmth, heavenly bright.
Hair so black, long and bold,
From a northern land, where life's ice cold.
A tribe where problems are unruly and rife,
Struggle to get used to the modern way of life.
He said of me that I'm 'meget smukke',
Beautiful very! Poem from a book.
He smelled my hair, next my skin,
a deep, sincere breath from his land within,
A smell so delightful,
He said of me,
A man so open and insightful.
I feel him to be.
A smile that lasts forever and stays,
A presence that warmed, when I sat in his space.
A wish to be friends,
To see me again,
This friendship I feel
Will have warmth and no end.

No comments: