Monday, May 08, 2006

Another one bites the dust

Friends? What are they really? Recently an old friend and I haven't been seeing eye to eye on a few things:

1. Which bars we go drinking in - She's into minimalism, I'm into liveliness, warm atmosphere with chilled music and friendly vibes.
2. Which club we dance in - she's into plush, I'm into headrush
We've had big fallouts about this when a little drunk, which to be honest, I can't be bothered about. I hate being around anger and confrontation when people are drunk.
Recently too, she seems to be really pissed off with me for whatever reason! Take this for madness and let me know your thoughts.

I rang her the other day for a usual chat. I couldn't stop yawning throughout the conversation, not because I was bored but because I was knackered! Indeed earlier that day, I'd been in an important meeting with the Probation Service to discuss such depressing issues as Schedule 1 offenders! Anyway, halfway through the chat she moaned

"God Sara, can you stop yawning, it's really irritating me"

Hmm I thought to myself..and responded

"Actually, I'm fuckin knackered and dead tired, sorry to irritate, it's not my intention... Fuck it, I'll ring you some other time"
END OF CONVERSATION.

I now have to monitor my yawning? This is worse than a dictatorship FFS!! Because of these things, I'm starting to think maybe our friendship is dying a death. Maybe we're just not who we were when we met. People do indeed change over time. In all honesty, life's too short to be worrying about the trivialities of other people's issues. My day job is indeed emotionally draining and all consuming therefore I don't need friends in my life who criticise such ridiculous things as a yawn down a phone line!!
My Mum warned me about this years ago, she used to say to me

"Sara, you're too giving and caring for your own good. You always take the burden of others' problems but do they do the same for you?"

And, she was right. I am a giver, a listener, a carer, a support and one to be counted on. And yes a 'bloody yawner down the phone accidentally!!"
From now on, I'm cutting the crap and if people can't accept me for who I am, then they can just FUCK!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

It's safe. That made me giggle Barnze - Thank God for humour eh? Where would we be wothout it? :)

FOUR DINNERS said...

When I read 'yawn' I yawned. Am I weird or is it contagious when yer read it too?

Gabba Gabba we accept you we accept you one of us...(Ramones bless 'em)