Monday, May 22, 2006

A yearly dose of Banco De Gaia

Found out a few days ago that one of my all time fave musicians, Banco De Gaia, is coming to perform in Nottingham in June. I love what this man does to the soul. He's been around for quite some time on the dance scene but rather than just being into 'music' he tries to convey important messages about world issues that are experienced today; consumer culture, war, the plights of indigenous cultures and nations etc.
His music in many ways, takes you through a long, mystical journey in many ways. Indeed every gig I've been to of his, I've massively enjoyed and come away with a sense of ecstacy - without ecstacy!! I've seen him so many times including gigs at

Derby
Hackney London
Canterbury Festival
Glastonbury Festival
Leicester

Never seen him play Nottingham so I really await this gem of a night! If you're interested in his stuff check out my link!
Time to relax now after another session of 'grounding Yoga!'

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Punk, Ska, Blues, Jazz, Rock...anythin but dance n house n stuff. I had a listen. 'Specially "Not in My Name" (n it wasn't just the video). The sound is almost 'haunting'. Need to listen some more. rest day tomorrow. I'll listen some more. ta f' that.