Thursday, May 18, 2006

Return to the Source


I've made a positive decision recently, with the help of a friend, to return to Yoga. Three years ago, I practised Yoga on a regular basis but then gave up due to work committments, finances, kids,life, you name it,things just got in the way.
Yoga all them years ago, opened me up greatly on a spiritual level. Indeed it grounded me like nothing had done before and it took me down a path of reigniting my love for the earth and all things on an elemental level.
I became extremely interested in 'Wicca' and 'Green Witchcraft'(Herblore using plants/herbs to heal) at this time and started to practise certain elements of Wiccan beliefs and ritual.
In addition,I had a wonderful yoga teacher who was and still is, a deeply spiritual person, with a love of nature and the elements.
So after my second session in 3 years, I'm surprised at how supple I still am. I still remember the poses and asanas and I can still manage a great pose called 'Downward Dog' and 'Upward dog'. Strength wise, I still seem to have really strong upper body strength, which I'm quite impressed about!
I look really forward to another session next week and feel really positive about returning to my source.

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

You go girl! Jax has just started yoga. It helps her back. Little Caz took her to church up to 3 months back when she decided she liked the sound of Buddhism n that's led onto yoga.

(Altogether now... hommmmm)

Sara said...

Ha ha hoooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, it's a truly wonderful thing to do that's for sure.
Namaste!