Thursday, October 12, 2006

Emotional being

Is it just me or do any of you guys have differing changes in your moods fairly often? One day I can feel happy the next I can feel an overwhelming sense of strange sadness. My questions to you people are..

Is this normal?
Is this just part of the human condition?
Is this because the one thing I love, I miss so much and it tears at my heart often.
Is this just because I'm such a sensitive, emotional being?
Is this because I'm a woman?
is this just how I've always been? Hmm,I think maybe I have, in one way or another!

Happiness can't be with us on a daily level I'm sure. Although when I read the Dalai Llama's works, he seems to have sussed it out quite well;I love the fact that the simple things in life, are the ones that bring us happiness.

Have happy, simple days people!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound normal to me!

Aunt Jackie said...

Sara: It is "All of the Above"... If we did not experience sadness from time-to-time, our ups and downs as it were, then we would not know what real joy feels like. We wouldn't know the difference, or at least those wonderful times, the highs, would not feel nearly as ecstatic. I am thankful for every tear I shed, whether it is in sadness or happiness because I know that I am alive when I feel them. I know when I am sad, that tomorrow has got to feel better. Thank goodness for those extreme highs and lows, they allow me to create, to find inspiration, to renew my spirit. You are absolutely normal. I feel more for those who have numbed themselves to the world through chemicals to take the edge off. It's that edge that I absolutely want to hang from every single day. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is uncertain so all I know is I have today, right now... and I will do my best to make the most of every moment! Two good quotes I felt say it better than I can:

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -Helen Keller

"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory." -Albert Schweitzer

Aunt Jackie said...

And by chemicals, I don't mean beer, wine, liquor or the occasional pain pill those are all fine! (heheh don't you love hypocrites-haha).

FOUR DINNERS said...

It's either quite normal or you are a loony like me. So, do you think I'm normal? er.. don't answer that

Aunt Jackie said...

Where did you go?? Are you o.k??

Sara said...

I'm OK thanks. Just been a bit contemplative over the lsat few days. Thanks for the concern.