Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Kindness and rememberance on Samhain.

Well back to work for me today. Had an OK day but then had a load of arguements with my eldest son when I got home. Life can be a shit at times as a Mum;disrespected, called, abusive comments etc etc.Maybe the evil spirits of Samhain/Halloween were having some effect! Makes me want to bury my head in my hands and cry at times.

However, Another touching moment occurred today in the form of a message from a DJ that I saw live on Saturday and who I'd commented about how much I liked his music on his Myspace page. The sweet guy insisted on sending me a free CD of his music. How great is that? I'm touched and warmed by these sort of actions, kindness and goodness. I can't wait to get listening to his music; Funnily enough, he's a big fan of Way Out West too, one of my all time favourite musicians/DJs.

So, have a peaceful Samhain out there people. I hope the passing spirits are rewarded well..I'm thinking about my Mum right now too, who departed from this world nearly a year ago now and can't help but wonder where her soul may be right now. I'm also thinking about the one I love and I miss him.

I'm also thinking and contemplating the last year of my life, as this time of year tends to make me do this. Samhain ritual does lead one to think and reflect about events/happenings over the past year...
Now? I only want happiness, love, passion and kindness in my life. (OK random sadness here and there is part of life) but this year, since my Mum passed, has been turbulent on the emotions. At least now I know I'm coping better albeit with a few off days and I'm a little stronger with the help, love and support from those around me, who show compassion, understanding and kindness to me.

A reflective Samhain to you all on this peaceful eve.

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

A peaceful Samhain(?) to you too babe. x

What will be will be eh? x

Aunt Jackie said...

Sara, my sincere wishes to you for a perfect and peaceful Samhain... (it's probably over for you by the time you read this, but still). I imagine that spirits of those close to you are never far away... when you're reminded of them, say by a scent or something that "seems" coincidental, I like to think that it is them letting you know that they too are thinking of you and keeping close tabs... Gone from this world, but not gone far, and certainly never forgotten!! Have a wonderful one... Aunt Jackie