Friday, October 20, 2006

To see a loved one

I went to meet the object of my poems yesterday, just for a quick drink. I was really nervous about meeting him as I haven't seen him for a while. It was good to see him again. I did feel rather restrained, as quite a lot of things have been said in between time. I would've liked to have spent longer with him, but this wasn't to be for him.

The weirdest was, how similar I feel we are. He took the words right out of my mouth when we left the pub by commenting on how weird it is to drink in the day and how when you leave a dark pub, it really affects your eyes. I've always thought this in life and was thinking it yesterday as we left the pub!

I miss this person a lot. I feel that we have a lot of things in common that I miss not sharing more time with him as I used to before. Our lives are different it's true but I don't think these differences matter. I've been quite contemplative since I saw him. I wonder whether he thinks about any of these things? I wonder...

I got home and just thinking and visualising about certain moments that I've shared with him over time, made my stomach and heart flip, which showed me my feelings are still so very strong and forceful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling you Sara!

Sara said...

Cheers Dan and sweet of you to be so feeling. It was lovely to see him again but all I want to do when I see him is hug and love him. :(