Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hooray for a night out.

Finally recovered from the ridiculous whinging that I've inflicted you with over the past few posts. Yesterday had a chilled day and went shopping for a pumpkin. I was hoping to get a 'locally grown' allotment pumpkin but my Dad, who has his own allotment, hasn't grown any this year. Boo Boo. Gonna make some gorgeous pumpkin soup for Halloween, or Samhain as I prefer to call it and maybe invite a few people over for samhain activities. Hopefully I'll get a bonfire going and burn past issues; bit of a Samhain ritual that I like to maintain.
It was wonderful to cycle through a local park; kids out,leaves turning yellow, fresh breeze in the air, crispish feel to the day. I do so love autumn, it's such a special time, it really is.
Last night I was going to stay in but then a friend urged me to go out and I'm glad I did. Had a wonderful night, watching gigs and dancing and met some new people from the forum that I like to read and post on. The most touching conversation was with a guy called Ed. He'd always wanted to meet me in 'real life' and commented on how lovely it was to finally make my acquaintance. We chatted about all things reggae and his move to Nottingham from Brighton.Would've been good to have chatted to him for longer but sadly, the night ended too soon.
Also chatted to some other people from the forum and had a good laugh with them about different things, including my ridiculous rants at times.
Really enjoyed a DJ called Delirium Funk. I'm gonna be watching him closely and aim to see him play at Stealth on November 17th. He's good, really good. Great tunes and a reminder of 90s dance music, which excites me at the best of times.

So people, a happier being am I today, and feeling much more positive about the future and fun that I anticipate.

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

That's more like it babe. Yer got stuff off yer chest. Better out than in. Glad yer feelin' better.