Sunday, October 08, 2006

Friday Night Fun

Well honoured readers, I had a fantastic Friday night. The night started off in a local pub, meeting some friends and then on to a Party next to a weir.One of my sweet friends gave me a belated birthday consisting of smellies to put in the bath and incense. How wonderful is that?
Anyway, the people who'd set up the party had really gone to town. It was actually in aid of a guys 40th Birthday;I never got to meet him and say Happy Birthday, sadly!
Diverting back to the party set up, there was a DJ playing some great tunes, A massive party gazebo, a roaring fire, candles and fairy lights, disco balls reflecting the warmth of the fire's flames, chill out tent for casualties, substandard toilet set up and all of this next to a rushing weir! Wow, to look at rushing water with the reflection of a full moon shining its beams, was just something else.
I managed to drink the bottle of vodka I took along together with some unhealthier substances. Saying that, I totally enjoyed the way I was feeling this night and had a smile on my face most of the night. My dear friend Liza, had been watching me dancing and we kept smiling and giggling at each other, she then came up to me whilst dancing and uttered these sweet words

"You are so lovely sweetness, I just want to give you a big hug"

What a diamond friend this woman is.

I continued the night of dancing and got chatting to some sweet people around the fire. From my hazy memory, I recall vaguely discussing the moon, astrology and water!
I managed to get embarrassingly muddy; I fell over on at least 6 occasions and fell down a hole on my way to sit on the toilet! This made me really laugh out loud! I was worried though that the toilet was going to sink into the mud and I'd be stuck in the mud, so to speak!

I finally left the party about 5.30am. Walking home seemed to take a bloody lifetime. I went into my kitchen and dreamed about my loved one. I fell asleep, on the kitchen floor of all places, to be woken by daylight peering through my window and the coldness of my body against my kitchen's lino floor. I dreamed again about my loved one being with me. All in vain, I know.

I had such a wonderful night. I love these sort of nights because they put the world into perspective for me; they remind me that life is for living and making the most out of.

5 comments:

Aunt Jackie said...

Really enjoyed these last few posts... inpirational feelings there.

Sara said...

It was a bloody belter of a night, that's for sure! I await more nights like this.

Glad you liked the read Aunt J. ;)

Aunt Jackie said...

Ahhh thinking on that brings back romantic memories of how I knew Mr. J was the one when he held my hair back for me over the 'porcelain goddess' after a hard night of tequilla etc. Good times... good times.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Never get enough of 'em babe. More n more is good.

Aunt Jackie said...

Took me a while to drink Tequilla again though, and then there was the night I thought I was dead after eating 'brownies' (aaaccchkkk!)