Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Afterthoughts and snow

And so the forecast this week is some snow. How great would that be? I love snow, truly love it! I'm still recovering from New Year's Eve, all that substance misuse takes its toll you know..I guess this weekend will be a quiet affair, maybe a trip to the countryside for fresh air and detoxification!!

How refreshing to have a New year that had no arguments, no sadness, no misunderstandings, no anger! Truly great and truly memorable and truly the way I want all of my NYE's to be from now on.

The ex is still to hear about his flat but he should be geeting the keys either tomorrow or Friday, so that's all good and all systems go for him. We've deccided that it might be a good idea to let Jake help him with moving in, just so that he feels like he's part of his Dad's new place and indeed doesn't feel all confused about it. The good thing is, since Xmas, me and his father have been getting along really well. Supporting each other and having good chats about things, clearing the air and having a general respect for each other's life now.

I really appreciate the fact that he was there for to look after Jake on NYE. Everything worked out well, no disruption, Jake was happy and the start of the New Year was a good one. I feel this is going to be a very good year, I don't know why but I feel that there's a lot of positivity around me and that my life is at last starting to feel like things are getting a little easier and indeed calmer.

Let's now hope that the lovely white flakes hit planet England ASAP and make Sara a happy bunny!

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

I wandered into the rest room this morning and heard the weather girl announce 40 cms of snow for the east coast. I suspect she meant 40 mm or maybe 4 cms.

I don't do cms I do inches but even I know 40 cms would be nearly up to my knee caps.

Wouldn't it be nice if she was right and it fell here tonight and I could stay in bed late and then have a snow ball fight with Caz n Jax and build a snowman....