Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Hooray for the end and the beginning!

Hooray, what a wicked New Year's Eve. Met some mates in a pub and then headed off to a bar/clubnight. Nearly ended up having a big barny with the bouncers; it was 11.55pm and they said no more people were allowed in the place. I argued with them, saying we had tickets and thus, this wasn't fair not to let us in. The guy was adamant!! So feisty old Sara banged on the window of the bar, where the DJs were and asked if they'd 'sort it'...luckily, they did and we entered the bar just before the New Year started! I had a sneaky laugh at the bouncer as I walked through the bar, it has to be said.
Anyway, the atmosphere was great, bumped into a lot of new recent friends, and sat talking to them and dancing of course! The bar girl, Emily, took a shine to me, said I had a kind face and thus, poured me half full glasses of vodka for 2quid a shot!!! What a dear she was.

After much dancing and drunkenness, we all jumped into a cab and headed to an after party, of which, we couldn't find. In the meantime, I got chatting to some African women from the Congo, on the street where the party was to be held and ended up in their party instead! They poured me rum and cokes, fed me Ackee salt fish and rice and made me extremely welcome. The music and atmo was warm, friendly and a great African music vibe... I then received a phone call from the guy whose party it was, that we couldn't find and headed up to his, to meet up with my other mates, who'd long ago found the party!

Again, a sweet crowd and very welcoming. I sat chatting to a guy called Rick, had long conversations with him about his upbringing, job, thoughts etc about life. A sweet guy and a deep thinker seemingly.

9am this morning, I decided that bed was needed. Fell into my bed, still drunk and very happy at 10am. What a truly memorable New Year's Eve. I think the start of the year is going to continue into being a good, warm 2008!

Happy New Year to you all.

1 comment:

Aunt Jackie said...

Wonderful! We had a great time as well, even though we just had a small party at our house... I have a strange feeling that 2008 is going to be a very cool and interesting year... I hope it is all you hope, dream and desire!!! You deserve it.

xoxo!!

AJ