Thursday, January 10, 2008

Losing the battle


Ahh happy memories from New Year's Eve^^ . My friend Gav tagged this pic of me and my mate, on his Facebook and it brought back happy memories of the night. Such a wonderful, carefree yet mental night!
Planet Tesco continues to domninate the world. Poor old pet shop in Beeston called Pet Mart, has lost its battle to remain on the land that it has stood on for as long as I can remember! From being a child and indeed, whilst my own kids have been growing up. These powerful corporations are so ugly and nasty when you think about the whole scheme of things. Tesco in particualr seems to eat up land and indeed, build stores within mile radius's or so of each other. Surely this is ridiculous?

I worked in a place called Hucknall today, ex mining town...and actually, I was rather refreshed to see a mix of shops but again, there it stood in all its clinical glory, anotherfuckin Tesco! Right on the site of the old coal mines...ironic eh?

So I sent an email to Beloved, as I said. I got a vague and short response...sad but there you go, I can't expect any other really.

This weekend? I hope to meet with some mates for a few drinks but I've again, got a cold and cough since returning to my unhealthy work environment! Hot, humid, germ ridden place..full of others who have colds and come to work nearly dying - grates on me, it really does. I seem to be losing the battle with this recurring cold/throat business! Maybe I'm just not looking after myself enough? Maybe I'm due to get a bout of glandular fever, my glands do feel swollen in the back of my neck and the cough is odd, a deep and weird sort of affair, like it's coming right from inside my belly and up to my throat..Dear me.
Tomorrow I'm hoping the massage I've booked will ground my body and free it from the toxins of Xmas..and I hope to swim this weekend but whether this is indeed wise, remains to be seen. I will though and let's hope a spot of exercise does me good!

My old school friend H, has informed me that she's marrying her true love. She met him whilst in Spain, her marriage had been on the rocks for a good three years, when lo and behold, the dashing Spaniard wooed her into his arms..without getting all moralistic and judgemental, I assure you, these two are a heavenly couple. He has such love and warmth for her and this, she definitely thrives from. He's a young 32, she's 40. They are also due to have a baby later this year..She always felt that he was right for her, and indeed, they've stood the test of time, trials, tribulations and all the rest that goes with a divorce and kids being involved. I'm glad she's marrying him; H was an adoptee and in her 30s, found her birth father, sadly, she was never able to meet her birth mother because she'd tragically taken her own life, due to the depression she felt with given up her baby, my friend H..Tragic story and one that always left H feeling like there was a big hole missing that needed filling which now, that hole has been filled by her lovely future husband. What a happy story and one that is full of so much love and truth..

1 comment:

Aunt Jackie said...

Brilliant, and glowing photo You guys looked like you were having a good time!