Saturday, January 26, 2008

Shock, how it changes the world.

So, I've recently been in touch with Beloved and through discussion with him, became shocked. I don't want to write about why because this is personal stuff to his life but it shocked me, to say the least.
Initial thoughs were sadness, followed by 'ah well such things happen'. Followed by wanting to support him and indeed offer any help that he may need. Two days on, sadness is lingering with me somewhat. Sad for him, sad for the situation he's finding himself in, sad that I don't think he ever, in his idealistic head, wanted such a situation... a tragic state of affairs but on a practical level, things like this do bring happiness and can be rise above melancholi..
In some ways it's also made me question the other person in this situation and why they'd go ahead with something, even though they don't feel as much love as the other person and indeed, don't want to be with this person. Indeed, we all have a choice about such things and thank god we do but I just find this a little hard to get my head round..I guess it's also mainly because of how sad I feel for Beloved regarding this issue. He must be devastated on some level. when I think of my own situation regarding this, I personally wouldn't have gone ahead if I were alone or indeed, not in some 'sort of love' with the other person. Then again, who am I to judge? People make their decisions for whatver reasons..it's still sad though.
Sorry this is all so cryptic but it really has to be and I have to get it down in writing to make comprehension of it all.
I really hope that we may be able to be friends again on some level. Everything changes in life for sure but somethings can remain the same even when other complications come into play, friendship can rise above this, I'm certain of this.

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Genuine friendship endures.

I have just been contacted by my best mate from 13 to 23. I haven't heard or seen him since 23. We are now both 50 and he mailed me via Friends Reunited.

If a friendship is real it will endure or return. Eventually.