Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cowardice humans

I watched a film called Matchpoint the other night. I actually really enjoyed it, although the acting at times irritated me because of its modern feel but I liked the plot and the message.
Basically, it addresses the cowardly actions of human beings (in this film the coward being a man). OK, so this guy becomes obssessed with his brother's girlfriend, they have a casual sexual encounter and she ends it as fast as it starts due to her loyalty to her boyfriend.
She then gets dumped by boyfriend, the brother goes all out to find her again, even though he's gotten himself married!
He bumps into her and pursues her wildly. They end up having a full on affair...she becomes pregnant and he promises to leave his wife. This, he never does. Instead, when he finds out his wife is pregnant, who coincidentally has loads of money and is from a wealthy family, he decides to trick his lover and thus kills her! So not only does the woman lose her life, but also he kills his unborn child all for the sake of not rocking the 'ideal family'. What a coward!

I guess through history the world has been full of cowards, I won't label them as men but it's a truism what a famous female writer wrote about the difference between men and women and sexual politics.

I enjoyed this film and it made me think quite a bit about guys through hisory who pursue women and yet, run a mile when a sniff of trouble appears. Madame Bovary story is a classic example of this...

I've been thinking a lot about Beloved. I think he'll get back with his girlfrind due to the circumstances..Oh dear, not the best reason to get back with someone but there you go..Thus, I need to stop my attentions from thinking about him and get on with my own stuff - And as he so honestly pointed out, the scenario with him and ex is similar to me and him in that, he loves her - she doesn't him - bit like how he was and felt about me, I felt deeply for him, him not enough for me - so he informed me. God, when I think about the news over the last few days, I feel pretty sad and deflated really..I guess I just need to try and be happy for him if he eventually feels happy with the situation he's finding himself in. Dear me.
So, in all reality, maybe it's time to start meeting some new male friends?

One in particular, has caught my attention a little of late...Here goes the story - Last night, I had a great night at Blueprint, club in radford/hyson green area of Nottingham. I bumped into a guy that I met a while back at a club night in December of last year and had a brief chat with him whilst we both stood outside having a wee smoke.. I actually started to quite fancy him a little when I first met him, not only because I found him attractive but also more so because of what he does and his personality; he's a personal carer for a disabled man and we had a long conversation about caring for others and people with muscle illnesses being allowed cannabis to relieve the pain.

Anyway, it was nice to bump into him again and have a small chat, he's just come back from Australia and was telling me about his New Year out there. Sadly, I ended up mashed and when I saw him again later in the eve, I was in no fit state to converse on a coherent level! I'd quite like to bump into him again though, if truth be known and I hope i DO...soooooooooooooooon!!

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

I'm so intrigued now about "beloved" but I shouldn't read between the lines do I - I don't know the situation and the facts and shouldn't judge others.

I hope you do bump into your friend again and that it is something worthwhile