Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hoorah for Baby Billy!

So a long while since I've wrote anything on here - well a week nearly which in time terms ain't that long I guess? Been pretty busy with work, home and a naming celebration to attend of my friend Julie's baby boy Billy, who is now 7 weeks old! The celebration was held in a sweet community cafe called The Crocus Cafe in Lenton..lovely food was shared and wine flowed. Was a lovely celebration of baby Billy, really sweet and 7 weeks old as we speak!
However, it did make me very contemplative and in some ways sad about how things turned out in my life..by this I mean, it made me reflect and remember when my own children were babies and the joyous feelings one has and how things change over time when relationships break down and children have to endure this..When I rewind the clock on this level, there is definitely a feel of loss and sadness when I search deep inside of me but life must go on as positively as possible.

The evening was good anyway not only because I was around lovely people and such like and was great to see and give Billy a present but because I also met a new couple who wanted and indeed, persuaded me to go clubbing - even though the plan was to come home early! We were going to head to Smokescreen, as the woman of the couple is a big Smokescreen fan but the man of the couple was a Highness fan, so in the end, flipped a coin and Highness it was!
Excellent to listen and dance to some heavy tunes and the vibe was a good one for sure! Always the sort of experience I want when I go dancing and I do hope I see these people again because ot was good to make new aquaintances..

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

hi just read your comments on the turf cutting on unrepentant communist blog....thanks...I d like to link blogs email me on corneliusdoodle@hotmail.com

cheers