Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Blues?

Monday and to wash away the blues I take joy in the beautiful weather today..October? And the weather feels surprisingly warm considering that we're hitting Halloween or Samhain as the Celts would call it...My journey to work was nice, looking out of the window at nature and the sunshine beating down on lovely golden autumn tinged leaves.

Tonight, I watched an interesting piece of TV about the Oxford Dictionary and apparently, words have been collected and meanings recorded since 1170! At least I think this was the right date anyway but interesting nonetheless! Words eh? And their origins always interest me in many ways - trouble is, when you don't write a lot, you seem to lessen your word vocab and thus, I guess taking a dictionary to bed could prove educating!

I've been listening to a load of Donna Summer recently, was a big fan of her as a child and thus, I've ordered a CD of her early stuff cos I just love Macartha Park, I feel Love, Hot Love and State of Independence..awesome tracks and she's one awesome singer for sure...

Tomorrow night I'm attending a poetry and comedy event wit a couple of friends. Will be nice to be in good company again and I enjoy these sort of nights..tend to always attract old skool peeps who are about the same sorta thing that I'm about which tends to mean - left to anarchic thinking, caring and collective type of people with a conscience which is always a good thing..So here's to a good day and eve tomorrow!

No comments: