Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Surprise!

So I have an invite out for a friends drink, with an old friend Jim who I haven't seen in ages. I used to work with him back in the day when I worked in a direct hostel for homeless people. I've bumped into Jim randomnly along the way and often say we'll meet for a drink and catch up but never seem to find the time to! So maybe soon it will be good to catch up with him and see what's been going on in his life, relationship, things etc and be sweet to hear how fellow colleagues are doing.

A? I don't know what is to be...I have many good times with him but the contact his dwindled and this to me means a person is backing off and trying to let one down gently.. I'd much prefer that people just tell me the score cos that's what I'm about but people are so complex and I guess the best is to let them get on with their own stuff..I've a feeling too, that things may not be as sacred as one imagines and thus self preservation is the key..There is no way that the idea of women and 'standard' behaviour is what I'm about - won't go into detail but this is hugely egocentric, selfish and childish.

So we'll see what the week brings and how things pan out I guess..I don't want to start waking up feeling depressed about stuff hence my need to keep seeing friends and keeping busy with things that interest me otherwise I know I'll slump into dark times about A.
Happy Days people!

No comments: