Thursday, October 09, 2008

A week with the Arts...

A wonderful week thus far for me. Monday, Linton Kwesi Johnson performed in Jongleurs Nottingham at the Blackdrop Poetry event. A and I went along to this and I treated A to this event for his birthday..We both really enjoyed it and LKJ was as inspiring and political as ever with a tinge of love thoughts thrown in. It was very sweet to go to this with A and share such a wonderful event with him.
I managed to grab a few words at the end of the event with LKJ and thanked him for all of his wonderful work over the years and told him that he'd massively inspired my beliefs from the 80s onwards - what a sweet smile he returned to me when I told him this!

Last night was a drama event, Zero, at The Lakeside Theatre Nottingham. The play covered aspects of torture and camp life and how people coped with this amongst many other issues. I thoroughly enjoyed this show and really thought the atmosphere and ambience was completely appropriate to the drama content. A popped round afterwards and spent the day with me today, which was again, lovely.

The arts always appeal to me and from this week's inspiration, I have a clear aim in my mind, I certainly would like to attend more poetry events - in fact I have one to attend on Tuesday all being well on the Babysitter front. I have also been informed about a regular monthly reading event that I would def like to get to, it sounds fun and like a good group of people. I also really want to try and attend the Blackdrop events on a regular basis if possible..

A, met my son for the second time last night and they seem to get on well - I feel A relates to my son well which is all very good..


So all in all a very positive time and this sort of stuff really does bring me a lot of happiness and inspiration!
Tomorrow, I may head up to a Beer Festival and then maybe out with friends for further catching up..we'll see what develops between now and then

No comments: