Monday, October 20, 2008

Time for serious grounding and groundwork

Realisation always dawns at some point and maybe this is because we're getting close to Samhain - the celtic New Year at the end of October; dying out of the old and welcoming the new, remembering all of those souls who have passed before us and indeed, celebrating their passings but also a dying out of nature and a closing down for winter months ahead.

I've been very reflective over the past few days and realise that Yoga is a MUST for me to keep me grounded and expect the best of me and my spiritual side of life. This has lapsed a little more recently due to responsibilities at home, kids, etc. I plan to restart Yoga next week when my teacher is teaching in my hometown again...for sure Yoga is a way of life and living. A way of seeing life for what it really is about and also understanding things on a higher cosmic level. Also, I need to keep myself grounded to keep in tune what's going on around me and in my close relationships, otherwise I feel that things start to go a little amok, which is less than healthy for me at times because I become too emotional and weirded out! I also physically think this will help me too - align the body and the organs! The last few days have been a little odd with my body - my left arm has been aching like no other, along the back of my neck and right down my left arm! God knows what's causing this but it seems to be getting worse at the days have been going on..Hmm maybe a Dr check up if things don't improve but if anyone is a Dr here and can tell me what pain in arm.numbness means, then all well and good! Deep heat has been getting a hammering that's for sure!

I paid a visit today to a wonderful art resource/community facility called TAO Nottingham. Such a wonderful place is this - lovely and cheap tea bar, friendly people, great communioty based exhibitions and a grand feeling of DIY and grass roots happenings in the city - this I love. So much so, I've added my name to their mailing in the hope of maybe getting a few hours a week voluntary work, maybe in the tea bar or the recycling facility when it opens..we'll see. For me, this sort of things excites and ignites my mind and this is why I'm always seeking new things to be interested in, I have an active mind that likes to be fed and feel a sense of doing something worthwhile, otherwise my mind and soul close off and dry up and this I don't want!

Anyway, here's a poem I've been thinking about and it makes me think about people and lies..it's by Benjamin Zephaniah, a man I have a HUGE respekt for.

Stand forward Mr Zephaniah...

Adultery

We all say we luv honesty
But den wot of de lies we do
Your love may lie and yet be true,
How honest can you be?

Live wid your joyful misery
An madness dat you can't proclaim
How often can you change your name?
How honest can you be?

Fake common norms an decency
Designed to give you sleepless nights
Torture your soul an dim your lights
How honest can you be?

You cannot do conformity
You want to luv more equally
But wot of your community
How honest can you be?

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

Not a Dr but you sound like similar symptoms to mine a few weeks back. I went to a phsio who explained about Spine alignment and all that - It's much better - still comes and goes.... Must sit in neutral, must sit in neutral... :-)