Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ahh full of the joys of spring!

What a lovely day it is today. I'm off on my bike in a bit for a bike ride and then to meet some mates for a big, fat curry.
Funny really, because today I was chatting to some students about how miserable the weather seems at the moment compared to last year! Then lo and behold, the sun rears its lovely energy and shines for the rest of the afternoon.
This time last year, Saturday to be precise, I had a lovely time. I took my son to the Chinese State Circus. Probably not really very ethical but I really wanted to see the Shaolin Monks brandishing their swords and smashing wood; they proved to be a delight!
I also visited a friend on the same day and had a beautiful, truly special evening. Sad really though now, because that friendship's died an unnecessary tragic death, which in many ways is extremely sad. Life must go on though and all these experiences are sent to us, for different reasons.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Stop advertising on my blog tossers!
Will enjoy the spring Barnze...another weeks or so and I'm off to the peaks! :)