Saturday, March 11, 2006

Pondering and Consolation from a Genius

Dirt roads and dryland farming might be the death of me
But I can't leave this world behind
Debts are not like prison where there's hope of getting free
And I can't leave this world behind
I've been from here to Lawrence, Kansas Trying to leave my state of mind Trying to leave this awful sadness
But I can't leave this world behind
South of Delia there's a patch out back by the willow trees
And I can't leave this world behind
It's a fenced in piece of nothing where I hear voices on my knees
And I can't leave this world behind
Some prophecies are self-fulfilling But I've had to work for all of mine Better times will come to me, God willing
Cause I can't leave this world behind
This world must be frightening everybody's on the run
And I can't leave this world behind
And my house is a wooden one and its built on a wooden one
Seems I can't leave this world behind
Preacher says when the Master calls us He's gonna give us wings to fly
But my wings are made of hay and corn husks
So I can't leave this world behind

Roll On

West of her there's a place I know Never have been but I'd like to go
Somewhere out there I believe in me And West of her is where I'd like to see
West of her there's another place Sun shines soft on another face
And the river falls on another sea And West of her is where I'd like to be
Roll on
I tried out-running you it didn't last Everything that catches up must come to pass
And your voice is the one inside my head I ended up out-running myself instead
Roll on
You'll probably end up thinking that I don't care When you get a letter from a new somewhere But i know you've got what you need to be Happy someplace East of me
Roll on

Lyrics that mean so much to me at this moment. Mr Ritter I love your genius.

No comments: