Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Diagnosis........

Well woke up late again today. I'd be happy about this if I'd spent the night out on the town or some such but no, I hadn't. I'd been in all last night.
I lay in bed listening to a few really interesting programmes on Radio 4. Start of the week was interesting and urged me to want to read a new book called 'Yob Culture'. I then spent some time on the PC because my mind became active again. I finally fell in bed again about 12.30 after an action packed day and visit to the Doctors.
The doctors visit was interesting. I think the relief doctor, who saw me, is one in a million. He was so open, caring and bloody opinionated. I liked his opinions though and we had a shared interest because we both work with prisoners/ex prisoners. The conversation, after my diagnosis, went along the lines of rehabilitation and social issues. Very interesting for a Monday afternoon visit to the Drs.
My diagnosis - a viral illness. He was extremely honest when he said...

"We haven't even touched on knowing what viral illnesses are about" what an open and humble thing to say as a professional. In other words - I really don't know!

I explained that I've had this now 3 times in the last 5 months. Apparently, I've never got over the past 2 illnesses and this one has just come back with a vengeance!!
So, off I trotted to the herbal store to self medicate. I bought:
Floradix herbal tonic - £7.98
Honey and lemon tonic - £1.50
Almost a herbal tincture but refrained from this.

I've decided that I need to give my immune system a boost so I'm taking measures to do this. I've also been signed off for a week from work so I'm going to take things easy.
I have an urge to read 'Lady Chatterley's Lover" by D.H Lawrence but unfortunately it wasn't available in the bookshop which was a pisser!
Instead what do I do? Order the fourth season box set of Six Feet Under from Amazon for £29.97. I have no money to do this but hey, drama and dialogue must go on, in the sick life of Sara. A dose of all things HBO will do me the world of good.

No comments: