Thursday, March 02, 2006

Remembering Z.

Well, back to work for me this week. It's been a good week, although I've been reminiscing past times a bit too much, which has caused me undue distress. However, my week has also been tainted by the death of a student I taught.
A few days ago I found out that Z had passed over. Shocked? Believe me, I was shocked! Shocked to think that this lovely, albeit cheeky and feisty little soul, had left life on this plain, as we know it. If I'm right, Z was around 23 years of age and had been in and out of homeless hostels for quite some time. The last time I taught her was about 3 months ago.
The first time I met her, she was a fresh faced, young woman, with a life to look forward to and boundless enthusiasm for what she was doing.
The second time I taught her, she seemed somehow different. Blighted. Dispirited. Torn apart in many ways, by the knocks life was dealing her. I found her harder to engage and motivate. I found her more chaotic than I'd known in the past. Sadly, Z was also a diabetic, which wasn't being helped by her chaotic drug use.
At the end of her life, the Diabetes complicated matters and proved fatal.
I choose to remember Z as I originally found her. Happy, feisty and a lovely soul to teach and be around.
I pray that Z finds true happiness wherever her soul has rested. I pray that her soul finds peace. I pray for her to be dealt no knocks, next time around.
Bless you Z. May your soul truly rest in peace. XXX

1 comment:

Sara said...

Certainly is Barnze. I like that phrase - 'Life will be the death of us all'. Nice one.