Friday, March 10, 2006

Strange Day

Well dear reader, I've had a strange day today. Headed into Nottingham to do some present shopping for my mate's 50th birthday bash tomorrow. On the way to Fopp, I saw someone that I thought was my friend, but they were obviously avoiding me. I find tactics like that interesting, especially when you only saw them a week ago and they were all over you! Avoidance certainly wasn't on their agenda a week ago! Strange!

'People are Strange' as Jim Morrison poignantly wrote.

I made my way to Fopp, feeling pissed off and upset to say the least. The gravelly voice of Johnny Cash, could be heard through the speakers. His lovely voice stirred my sensitive soul to the point of tears. I thought about my friend. I thought about my Mum. My Mum loved Johnny Cash.
I felt shy and small, to be walking around a record store, random people passing me here and there, tears streaming down my cheeks. Well, dear reader, I put my head down and took deep breaths. Tears dropped onto the new 60s Film poster book I had just decided to buy my friend. Tears, that she'll never know touched this glossy cover, when she opens it.
Anyway,dear reader, after pulling my weary heart and head together, I headed for a coffee. As fate would have it, I bumped into a very dear friend from Swaziland. We sat and chatted about what we'd both been up to over the last few months. He cheered me up no end.
I walked around and around trying to find some exciting clothes to wear for tonight. I found nothing apart from a funky orange top and a black PVC jacket but I refrained from buying them. I finally got home and started to feel a little excited about tonight. Yes, tonight is gig night for me! On the Razz again! Off to see some raucous punk and ska gigs at Junction 7; Dragged along by a friend who still loves a guy in one of the bands that are playing!
So, gladrags on, head up high and looking ready to die for!

2 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Hey, here's a virtual hand hold across the web. I'll let go only when you do.

Sara said...

Thanks Dan..thoughtful and comforting words from you..I'm still holding on :) even with this headache of mine today! Cheers you're a star!