Monday, March 13, 2006

Moon and Moods.

Well today dear reader I'm in a strange, outrageous mood. I'm quite a believer in the moon and the part it plays in affecting people's moods. I tend to get extremely giddy, silly, a bit manic and emotional around the time of a full moon. There is, my dear reader, a full moon tomorrow! A lunar eclipse!
I've been in a right stupid, silly, manic mood today! I like the energy this mood brings and I like the feel of wanting to do something mad! I won't do anything mad but the thought is there. I'm feeling cheeky, naughty and devilish!
If the moon has such an affect on the tides and water then I think it most certainly has an affect on the human body due to it's high water consistency.
I remember an old friend of mine, told me that he would often get an increased intake of patients on a mental health ward around the time of a full moon. I wonder then, what changes or pulls are going on in our body around this time? Whatever happens, I feel it on some level and I find it extremely fascinating. Indeed if we believe that we are part of the natural cycle of things, then the moon is part of that cycle.
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/vphase.html

Check out this thread about moods and the moon and see what you think to the discussion
http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/Can_mood_swings_be_connected_to_the_moon_phases

For me, I love the Moon. It's a magical force. It's truly magnetising and it captures so many thoughts and so much of our imagination as both child and adult. There is truly nothing like walking under a full moon, using its light to guide you to your destination. There is truly nothing like watching the reflection of the moon on the sea or a lake. There is truly nothing like looking at the moon as a child and wondering what it's all about. I still look at the moon now and ponder what it's all about but I love it all the same.

3 comments:

Sara said...

It sure is Barnze! I love it....not long for Edale now! ;) 3 weeks and I'll be in that lovely, cosy cottage and looking at the moon!

Alison said...

I found your blog randomly, and I wanted to comment on your moon post. My mom worked in a mental hospital, and she said, that without fail, they would all go especially crazy during the full moon. It was always the worst part of the month. So I am with you on this one!

Sara said...

Yes, this seems to be the same experience for my friend who manages a mental health ward here in the UK. Definitely makes you question stuff, thats for sure! Good that you popped by - will check out your blog! ;)