Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Life in the new dawn

I'm feeling pretty grounded after my yoga session last night and indeed starting to get some sort of closure about a few things, which is all good.

Today, I've been partly teaching an extremely 'dangerous' ex offender. Can't give details but sex, violence and women are involved so I guess that doesn't leave a lot to the imagination. I actually get along with this person extremely well; he's clever, interesting, I guess manipulative, intelligent, and deep and has a great interest, like myself, in ancient philosophy. I don't know how, or why, he came to commit such awful crimes but I guess mental health and pathology has something largely to do with it, from the criminal justice system perspective anyway..

I don't feel weird or unnerved by working with him either, which is a good thing but I guess I always have to have an antenna out. Saying that, you could meet the most randomest of strangers walking down the street and you may never know that this person was once a hardcore criminal.
Blimey, the world feels like a hardened place in my world today. Here's to fun times coming up at the weekend people!

No comments: