Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Spring is the picture

Imagine that
You met me when I -
Was in my spring years.
As fresh as the photo,
Now aged with time;
Faded a little,
Like me -
Now.
How would it have been?
Would I feel the same?
Sense of passion,
Love,
Fire,
Desire?
Time though cannot be changed
Or erased.
For it is time-
Who's made me who -
I am,
Today.
Without time and living my spring
Wisdom,
Knowledge,
Understanding,
Patience,
Would be absent from summer.
Summer is wiser -
Full of desire,
Fire,
Love,
Electric energy.
And has a heart -
At it's centre -
As large as the fullest sun,
You may ever wish to see
On a golden, summer's day.
Full of sparkly rays
That shine only for you.
My love,
Spring would've seen you
But summer
Consumes,
Envelopes,
Nurtures,
Enlivens.
Sees the whole
Of You.
And you?
See my spring -
In my summer.
For this
You are my heaven,
my star,
my hope,
My LOVE.

1 comment:

Aunt Jackie said...

Oooh I really like this one. :)

Makes me reminisce and feel sad though.

I wrote one yesterday if you'd like to read it--it's called "Stolen".