Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Musically moved

I've always been really sensitive to music. It moves, changes, heightens and enhances my mood. Sometimes I go a few days without listening to sounds, because of being sidetracked with other stuff. However, I notice that as soon as I play music, my mind and emotion goes off to another place. I was also like this as a child. Indeed at the age of 4, I loved music and was a big fan of T Rex! I used to love the clasical music my school assembly used to always play at the start of the day. I so wish that I learned to play an instrument at a very young age because I do feel that I would've been quite good at playing some sort of instrument due to my love of sounds. I did try to learn guitar but found this quite hard as my fingers were so small at 10 years old...maybe I should've persevered more!

At the moment I'm introducing my ears to the new sounds of Michael Andrew's new CD. So far I'm loving most of what I hear. I especially love from this CD, Tracings, Just a Thought, Love is Tired and Something already happened x2. These are the tracks that are turning me right on right now! Wow, beautiful sounds....His sounds are a mix between Nick Drake's melancholy, Simon and Art Garfunkel dreaminess, Satie reflective piano sounds and quirky 60s jazz juice sounds, with hints of a gorgeous wee synth popping in here and there.
Here's a few more thoughts about the new CD...


Get a load of it!!!!! Thank God for music and the ability to hear.....

http://cdbaby.com/cd/michaelandrews

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Bein a hard core punk I'm about to shred me reputation. I like Simon and Garfunkel. I like blues n all. Even listen to Glen Miller sometimes. Love Louis Armstrong and Sinatra. Baffles Caz when I follow that little lot wi the Pistols Live....