Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Manic Rushes

I'm really getting off on Metric's sounds right now..Love the anarchic and upbeat feel to their Live it Out CD. Emily Haines has such a variable voice from soft and melancholic to screamy and rauccous..And I mean, just read these fab lyrics...


Patriarch on a Vespa

Promiscuous makes an entrance
Her mouth is full of questions
Are we all brides to be
Are we all designed to be confined
Buy ourselves chastity belts and lock them
Organize our lives and lose the key
Our faces all resemble dying roses
From trying to fix it
When instead we should break it
We've got to break it before it breaks us

Fear of pretty houses and their porches
Fear of biological wrist watches
Fear of comparison shopping
Dogs on leashes behind fences barking
Pretty little pillows on floral couches
Until our faces all resemble dying roses
Stop trying to fix it

Patriarch on a Vespa
Runs a red and ends up
Crushed under the wheel

Too Little Too Late

You can burn your paper fingers in the ashtray
Place your swollen lips on mine
You can shave your heavy head in my carpeted hallway
Sure for the first time you're wearing the right clothes

Now take them off
Meet me on the band room rug
Tie my right hand to the ride

You can take a live wire into the bath with you
For a feeling you can't find
You can entertain your childhood friends with a tour of the bedroom
Laugh to erase the dirt on your mind

Oh let's move out
Meet me at the motel
Tie my right hand to the bible

Too little too late but we don't say no
It's too much to feel
Tie my right hand to the bible

These guys have really gotten my manic, anarchic, excitable juices flowing again...great stuff, just what I want and love. Now I feel like lying in bed,preferably accompanied, drinking wine all day long and being all hedonistic whilst listening to this CD! Wow!!!

No comments: