Friday, April 04, 2008

The Power of a Smile

Although at first I felt sad about this weekend and the possibility of not seeing A, I realise that at these times, it tests how much you feel for a person and how selfless at times, you have be and indeed, understanding.

Today, I've been listening to Natural Born Killers Soundtrack which is indeed, a class CD! Class tracks on this CD!

Whilst listening to some of the lyrics to Sweet Jane by The Cowboy Junkies, it reminded me why I fell for A on that first night I met him. I smiled at him and he smiled back and thus when he smiled, a whole world of light and loveliness opened up from his hard exterior, which totally touched me and made me realise the power of a smile! These lyrics remind me of that moment and indeed the times when he softens and smiles...

'Heavenly wild roses,
Seem to whisper to me
When you smile'

I'm going to miss not seeing him this weekend but I need to let him be, and indeed face no pressure as he has enough to contend with this weekend and I will just carry on with what I need to do in the meantime; enjoy my friends, music, dancing and the like...
Have a good weekend people

1 comment:

DILLIGAF said...

Don't take this wrong. I haven't read the post just the title.

I will pop back and read the post tomorrow or whenever.

I just thought 'that's you'.

In your pic you're smiling.

Smiles have so much more power than snarls.

I must smile more. x