Saturday, April 19, 2008

To go or not to.....?

So, some friends are possibly going to The Highness reggae night at The Social tonight..Contemplating whether to go or not.It's always a fab night with a pretty great atmosphere, albeit with a few peeps who you can tell that reggae and dub isn't really their thing in which case, I wish they wouldn't bother going!It's a waste of dancing space goddamit! What I love about this night is the positivity and enthusiasm of the DJs and toasters/rappers who put on this night; they all have their own style of toasting/rapping and the speed at which they rap determines how you dance and indeed adds even more to the music already.

Today I've been revisting my reggae roots consisting of Gregory Isaacs, Clint Eastwood and General Saint - my, these guys were singing about such poignant issues that are still so relevant today! early (1979) UB40 - Signing Off album which is a true classic, Scientist..always loved Scientist from being a 13 year old!

So maybe the reggae experience will do me good..although my head is tired, I may go along, take it easy on the alchy front and just have a good old dance..It would be nice if one day soon I could see A, to talk about things with him - my feelings, emotions etc but I guess time is a good thing. I guess I'll take it all easy and make sure the night is also not a late one if I do decide to go - I NEED my sleep more than anything at the mo, I really do.

No comments: