Thursday, December 28, 2006

The magic of Myspace

Myspace gets alot of stick for the obvious reasons, however, I've got to say, I've been pleasantly surprised by some of the musician sites that add me as their friends. Some of this music is fantastic. In many ways it's a great way for them to promote their sounds and cutting out management and all of the cost that goes with the music industry. A few musicians/DJs who've caught my attention recently are Delirium Funk, Ardency and Tim Pare.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=54902865

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=33890120

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=51306719

I've seen both Ardency and Delirium Funk live and I can verify that they are both well worth seeing. Ardency are so friendly and sweet too.
Tim Pare is a new musician I've recently come across. At first I thought he was just another random acoustic musician, however there's something really special about his music. The tunes and lyrics really move me on an emotional level so this really shows to me that he's good. Any musician who can move me in this way is always well worth following in my opinion.I love the song My Lover and Exorcism. The opening sound of Cello in 'My lover' is so beautiful and such lyrics as...

"Is this real love? I'm torn. Coldness only comes because you're warm"

Wow! What lyrics - they say it all to me..so touching and so tragic at the same time.
His story too is a fascinating one and one that I can completely relate to, especially on a relationship level. I remember years ago when I split up from a 'first' love at a tender age and the only way I felt I could deal with it was to give up everything and move away. This action does heal the soul on many levels. I must say, I've felt like this too in recent years but being a mother and having responsibilties in many ways, stops a person from walking from their troubles. Instead, you have to deal with the problems head on and indeed, deal with kids at the same time which can be pretty hard work.

So guys, I urge you to listen to these musicians and let me know what you think. Tim Pare is definitely the one who's moving me greatly right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MySpace is evil.