Monday, December 11, 2006

Time to wind down

Xmas is soon upon us and I still have so much to do. I really can't wait to finish work this year and stop for 2 whole weeks. Luckily, I finish work on the 19th December and take my son to Birmingham Airport for his visit to Denmark, to share with his Father and Grand-parents. Oh, what would I give to be in Scvandinavia for Xmas..
Anyway, I'm gonna take it easy over Xmas. It'll be a strange one in many ways, what with my son being away, my Mum not being here and youngest son's father doing his own thing. Blimey, families can become so complicated at times.It's weird to think how things have changed so much in a year but I do feel so positive about my life right now and one things for sure, the decisions that I've worked towards this year, have been the right ones. I'm so pleased that my soul finally feels at peace in many ways. Decisions and getting there are always difficult to do but when they've been accomplished and when they're right, it's a feeling that does leave you feeling at peace with yourself and in your life.

Although I'm gonna try my hardest to wind down, I also have quite a few parties to go to. I have an annual Playhouse Party to go to, which is always a good night;held by the people who design the sets, in their workshop/warehouse and converted into a 'big ' party for a night. These parties tend to go on until 6am and beyond so I'm gonna try and get plenty of rest before I embark on a night of fun!
I'm also contemplating what to do for New Year. It'll be the first year that I have 'free' and so, I'm thinking long and hard about how I want to spend this night.
I'm also hoping to possibly head away for a few days over Xmas and do some walking. It'll be good to get outdoors and feel vast, open spaces after being couped up in the house and I'm sure a well needed wind down.

No comments: