Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New Year 2007

Last night, I felt poorly. I woke up in the middle of the night coughing my guts up and struggling to breathe. I'm assuming I have a sort of cold or some such. However, I'm a bit concerned about the struggling to breathe stuff because I've never had anything like this before and it was pretty scary. Anyway, I'm hoping it's not the beginning of Asthma cos that tends to have the same effect- wouldn't bloody surprise me though if it was, with the amount of pollution in the world now.
Anyway, cough and spluttering aside, 2006 is nearly over, would you believe (well that's according to our calendar anyway.)
What a year!What change, what fun, what sadness, what passion, what desire, what pain, what relief, what freedom, what loving, what partying, what laughter, what contemplating - I could go on...but I fear I'll ramble forever more!
I'm not really a believer in New Year's resolutions, however there are quite a few things I would like to change/accomplish in the coming year.

I'd really like to learn to play the piano. I always loved practising on a piano when I was a child and indeed when I worked for a family who possessed a beauty of a Steinway grand piano.I was also pretty good at finding the notes, whilst listening to music and playing along with it.
I'd also love to learn to play Djembe drums but I feel I need to do one thing at a time.
I'd like to try and find time to get my house done up a little. I need to decorate some rooms and want to generally get on top of what needs doing to it.
I would love to try and save some money this year and go on a good holiday. Time will tell with that one.
I'd like to continue to share warm times with the person I hold dear to my heart.
I'd like to get away more at weekends and exit the city.
I'd like my son to make his mind up about what he wants to do.

I need more time to think and write down what aims/hopes/thoughts I hold, for 2007.

No comments: