Sunday, December 17, 2006

Xmas Rush

It's nearly Xmas and I have so much to do. Still have loads of pressies to buy and people to see, places to go. It's going to be a strange one this year too, as my eldest son is off to Karlslunde, Denmark for 2 weeks and my ex will be with his family this year for Xmas, due to our split. Thank God we can still maintain a good sense of friendship, although I feel this is mainly because we have a child together and he's been a big part of my older son's life. I wish the best for him in every sense of the word and I'm trying to be as supportive as I can right now as Xmas often brings out a lot of emotion in people. In many ways, I'm not really a fan of keeping in touch with ex's butb I feel this reason is pretty much justified and a necessity. I hardly think we'd be in touch if we didn't have a child together as our lives are really different in many ways and we've pretty much grown apart as people when all's said and done.
Anyway, Wednesday it's off to the airport for me, Wednesday night is a meal out with some friends for a curry and exchanging of cards etc. Thursday I plan to visit my friend. Friday I'm hopefully off to a gig. Saturday I guess will be last minute stuff and Sunday, maybe the cinema with my son and baking ready for Xmas Eve night - all in time for waiting for Santa to turn up with his gifts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand that-It's like I love Winter and Christmastime, but at the same time the emotions, stresses and guilts all come rushing in. Can't please everyone, even if I try.
Thanks by the way, for the kind words on my blog the other day... So sweet.
Have a very merry one. I hope that your new year will be one of promise and great happiness.