Saturday, December 16, 2006

Saturday's Observations

I love Saturdays. I love the fact I can wake up when the hell I want. I await the day when I can lie in bed with a lover and and spend the whole day in bed..Mmmm;wine, chocolate, fresh bread and cheese to share. Whoops slight diversion there people! Must be nearing a full moon. Anyway, lust and desire aside, I spent the day lazily doing domestic things and then headed off to buy a few pressies for people I work with as a thank you gesture for their kindheartedness; Rioja, Real Ale, Chocolates and Vodka for tonight.
I managed to buy other necessities and weighed my bike down that much, I was unable to leave it outside a second hand shop, to pick up a really lovely bowl I'd seen. I asked people to look after it for me, to which they obliged. How kind!
One of my main observations today is how 'happy' and 'friendly' people seem to be...In the supermarket, an elderly couple chatted to me about the bargain that a reduced bottle of Rioja was. I agreed. Another older man, commented on putting so much brandy in a wine glass that I was buying.
People seem happy! What's going on? English folk are often bloody miserable when they shop! So, today, this air of happiness and contentment has left me feeling positively at peace with the world. Tonight I'm off to a Playhouse Set designer's party in an old workshop in Radford. Always a great party, always fun. Always lots of alcohol and dancing.
I'll fill you in with Party observations later! Peace and happiness be with you sweet people!

No comments: